homethe planprogressrecipesreviews

Friday, July 22, 2011

Weekly Challenge: Write it down

This weeks challenge is something I've tried to do off and on for the past while.  It amazes me how what you eat can add up.  Just the little journaling I have done has convinced me that it's impossible to follow any diet without planning ahead of time.

In the past when I've dieted, I've just kept track of my points, or calories, or carbs or whatever and end up running out of whatever I'm allotted by the afternoon and end up hungry by night time.  This challenge is for you to also see just what the food you're eating does.

Do a little research for yourself.  See how many calories you need to eat each day to lose weight.  OR count points with a plan like Weight Watchers.  Just be sure you're being reasonable.  You don't really want a diet, but a complete lifestyle change.

Journaling doesn't have to be done for a long period of time.  This challenge is just to commit for one week.  It will require you to measure everything so that you can be sure to have an accurate journal.  It's a great tool to use on when you're stuck at a weight and aren't sure where the problem might be.  Also at the end of the week, you'll have a better handle on what proper portion sizes look like.

Please comment below and let me know if you're going to participate! I expect a full report next friday! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think! This blog is just as much about your journey as it is mine!