homethe planprogressrecipesreviews

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Week 3: Results

I've been having such a hard time! It's amazing how just letting your determination slide even just a little can effect how everything goes.

Wasn't able to get to a pic today, but I am somewhat happy to announce that everything is pretty much the same as last weigh-in.  I was down to 192.6 lbs so I was down a little, but definitely not where I should be.  My waist was at 38", and everything else staid the same as well.  If I had followed everything the way I should I'd be down into the 180's.

Last week I worked out only 3 times. I was really down about my weigh-in on Tuesday that I began to self-sabotage, something I do way too often. I lost all motivation and just had no real desire to workout or eat right. On the plus side, I did complete the EA Sports Active cardio jump start!

We had a few drinks twice over the past week, and I swear that changes everything! My body has to work extra hard to detox from the alcohol and it just really sets me back! I'm going to have to keep myself to one drink on rare occasions.  I did do pretty good on Saturday with Sticking to vodka and cranberry for a good bit during the night.

I did have a few saving graces, though.  First off, I didn't have any junk in the house.  So while I didn't control my portions properly, what I was eating wasn't horrific.  When we ordered pizza, I chose one with lots of veggies on it.

This week I've rediscovered my motivation.  Sunday I sat down and re-worked my plan and made a detailed menu for the week!   It's already made a HUGE difference to know what I can eat and when to eat it.  The plan also forces me to get up earlier which helps me get more done throughout the day and sleep better at night.  I'm very curious to see what kind of difference getting a good nights sleep will make in my routine.  I'm also tracking everything I eat.  I have apps on my iPhone and iPad where I can put in what I eat.  That really helps a lot.

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work! I know it is tough, but don't be too hard on yourself. I do think keeping a food journal is really helpful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm trying to keep up with a journal now, but it's hard to keep up with it! That is the challenge for Friday, though :)

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think! This blog is just as much about your journey as it is mine!